For Immediate Release
Left to right: ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, ATH-M30x and ATH-M20x
ATH-M50xWH, ATH-M50x and ATH-M50xBL
ATH-M50xWH and ATH-M50x
Anaheim, CA 01-23-2014
THE NAMM SHOW — Audio-Technica (Booth 6740), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, is introducing its
ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones, part of A-T’s remastered M-Series line of headphones.
The ATH-M50x has the same sonic signature as the original ATH-M50 professional monitor headphones and adds refined earpads and three detachable cables. From the 45 mm large-aperture drivers to its sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the ATH-M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio applications, including recording, broadcast, DJ, live sound and personal listening.
The ATH-M50x’s innovative design was engineered to provide hours of maximum comfort. ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones have exceptional power handling and very high SPL capabilities while delivering clear, natural, accurate sound with impactful bass and high-frequency extension. The headphones also feature a closed-back cushioned earcup, providing exceptional clarity and superior isolation in high-volume listening situations.
• Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
• Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
• Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
• 90-degree swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
• Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort for extended wear
• Collapsible for space-saving portability and convenient storage
• Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as live sound, DJ monitoring and personal listening
• Detachable cables (includes a 1.2m-3m coiled cable, 3m straight cable and 1.2m straight cable)
Audio-Technica’s new ATH-M50x headphones are available in black, white (ATH-M50xWH) and limited-edition blue (ATH-M50xBL). These models will be available February 2014 at a U.S. MSRP of $239.00 for the ATH-M50x and ATH-M50xWH; $259.00 for the ATH-M50xBL.
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.
Celebrating over 50 years of audio excellence worldwide, Audio-Technica is a leading innovator in transducer technology, renowned for the design and manufacture of microphones, wireless microphones, headphones, mixers, and electronics for the audio industry.
—For more information on the complete range of Audio-Technica products, contact Karen Emerson, Audio-Technica U.S., Inc., 1221 Commerce Drive, Stow, OH 44224. Tel: (330) 686-2600; Fax: (330) 688-3752; Web: www.audio-technica.com
— For further information regarding product availability and pricing in the United Kingdom, please contact Tom Harrold (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our media centre at www.eu.audio-technica.com/en/news/; in Germany, please contact Alexandra Bischof (email@example.com); in the rest of Europe, please contact Evangéline Pirot (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Audio-Technica is exhibiting at Booth 6740 (Hall A) at The NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA.