For Immediate Release
Aanheim, CA 01-21-2016
THE NAMM SHOW — Audio-Technica (Booth 6740, Hall A), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces the ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone. The ATM230 brings a model ideal for capturing drums and percussion to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
• Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
• Handles very high SPL at close range
• Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
• Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
• Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
• Element: Dynamic
• Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
• Frequency Response: 20 – 12,000 Hz
• Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
• Accessories Included: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
The Audio-Technica Artist Series ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone will be available March 2016 with a U.S. street price of $139.00. Also available will be the ATM230PK pack with three ATM230’s with a U.S. street price of $349.00.
Celebrating over 50 years of audio excellence worldwide, Audio-Technica is a leading innovator in transducer technology, renowned for the design and manufacture of microphones, wireless microphones, headphones, mixers, and electronics for the audio industry.
—For more information on the complete range of Audio-Technica products, contact Karen Emerson, Audio-Technica U.S., Inc., 1221 Commerce Drive, Stow, OH 44224. Tel: (330) 686-2600; Fax: (330) 688-3752; Web: www.audio-technica.com
— For further information regarding product availability and pricing in Europe (excluding France and Germany), contact Tom Harrold (email@example.com). In Germany, contact Sandi Bischof (firstname.lastname@example.org); in France, contact Cynthia El Hakim (email@example.com).
Audio-Technica is exhibiting at Booth 6740 (Hall A) at the 2016 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA.