To take responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the Company’s Inbound and Outbound Logistics operation; acting as the business expert in the import and export of goods and ensuring full compliance with all customs and freight legislation; contributing to strategic operations planning as well as the provision of excellent customer service.
- Provide functional and business process expertise in Logistics with focus on Freight/Transport Management, within the EMEA area.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and compliance with all customs and freight legislation and ensure that all movement of goods is in compliance with regulations.
- Investigate and resolve any shipping or freight issues arising (e.g. shipping routes, delayed items) ensuring that all stakeholders are kept informed and the impact upon the business and its customers is minimised.
- Set-up, monitor & report on KPIs of Freight forwarders & Logistics Carriers and conduct regular (biannual) reviews on cost and service level effectiveness.
- Contribute to the Company’s strategic logistics planning to ensure that all business needs are met and that we continue to maintain excellent levels of customer service across the EMEA business.
- Maintain excellent collaborative relationships with all key internal stakeholders, working proactively with them to ensure effective delivery of business strategies.
- Proactively review the business processes on an ongoing basis to ensure that they remain effective and efficient and contribute to business change and improvement projects as required.
- Plan and manage freight and warehousing related projects in line with the company’s growth.
- Reconciling and verifying the receipt of documents including Invoices, Proof of Export, relevant Import documentation.
- Meet with freight and transport providers on a regular basis to ensure SLA’s are met and review/resolve any operational issues and any market changes.
- Liaising with providers to obtain the best possible rates for air, land and sea shipments from a portfolio of suppliers and maintain rates up to date in D365 and SMARTFREIGHT.
- Checking and approving freight invoices.
- Manage and control inbound deliveries for two warehouses and third-party warehouses, working with both Warehouse and Purchasing to ensure optimal operational efficiencies and minimum disruption.
- Ensure compliance with all Inbound Shipments including customs.
- Ensure SOP’s are kept up to date with compliance or legal changes.
- Managing imports by various logistical methods.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager’s and Freight Forwarders to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Updating D365 with accurate delivery dates, based on freight forwarders’ information.
- Using customer portals and online management tools to ensure on time, in full delivery of goods in compliance with customer requirements and SLA targets.
- Create and Maintain documentation for Exported Goods.
- Communicate with Customers and assist in the delivery of Export Shipments.
- Ensure Best Practice/Costs are considered when appointing Freight Companies to carry out specific deliveries. This includes customer requirements for types of vehicles needed to be off loaded.
- Liaise with transport companies to resolve any customer queries, obtaining POD’s for deliveries, lost parcels, insurance claims etc,.
- Create and provide effective and regular management information on service levels; investigate and analyse delivery patterns to ensure continuous improvement in delivery efficiencies to minimise logistics costs.
- Provide support and any assistance required to colleagues within the Supply Chain Operations functions, including Purchasing, Service, Warehouse and cover for Customer Service.
- Create and Maintain Customer SOP’s for booking procedures and ensure they are reviewed and maintained regularly, updating as required.
- Supply monthly KPI reports to report internal and external OTIF performance set benchmarks and standards for all parties and review regularly to drive continuous improvement.
- Undertake any training or development required to ensure up to date knowledge of logistics / export legislation, continued ability to carry out the requirements of the job role and general management development.
Key Supplier Account Management Responsibilities
- Various Freight Forwarders / Transport Companies
- Customers within the EMEA region
- Global Suppliers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:-
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a fast-moving Logistics environment
- Professional Logistics/Transport and/or Import/Export Qualifications
- Previous operations / supplier / customer management experience
- Excellent up to date knowledge of all import/export and freight/shipping regulations
- Previous experience of using ERP systems
- English and Maths qualifications to GCSE level
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good communicator with a high level of interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Organised & methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make logical and evidence-based decisions
- Strong business understanding and commercial mind-set
- Self motivated with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, working under pressure and to deliver to deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics D365 software
- Purchasing experience and/or qualifications
- European language skills
- Full time - 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous discount on products
- Free Healthcare Cash Plan cover
- Generous Pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance cover
- Sick Pay scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Free Parking
- Flexible Home/Office working after training
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV along with a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 15th November 2023.