Country music is an increasingly popular genre of music, with dedicated fans all over the world. In fact, Billboard reports that country music consumption has increased by 20.3% year over year -- with a high percentage of that related to one country music artist in particular. In honor of International Country Music Day, we rounded up some fun facts on country music, A-T interviews, and our top A-T headphones to stream your favorite country music artists.
Country Music’s Recording Breaking Artists
Throughout the years, country music has dominated the music charts and in more recent years, online streams through platforms like Spotify or YouTube. This year, the genre saw hit after hit, with songs remaining on radio stations and securing their hold on the number one spot for weeks. Check out some of country music’s recording breaking artists this year:
- Morgan Wallen’s song, “Last Night” topped Spotify’s list of most streamed songs for the summer, making history as the first-ever country song to claim the number one spot. Check out the full list, here.
- Luke Combs’ cover of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car”, has a record breaking 375 million streams and spent most of the summer on Billboard’s Top 100 Chart
- Bailey Zimmerman’s, “A Rock and a Hard Place” was named one of New York Times’ Best Songs of 2022 and reached the number one spot on in less than 15 weeks on radio
- Lainey Wilson, Yellowstone actress and country singer, is breaking records with nine CMA nominations. Not only did she have record-breaking nominations, but made history as the only artist in CMA history to lead nominations in the first two years of being up for an award
We’ve had the pleasure to sit and chat with audio engineers, producers, and artists over the years and talk about their passion for the industry, how they got started, and their favorite A-T gear. Check out a round-up of Audio-Technica interviews from songwriters to country artists:
- Q&A with GRAMMY® award-winning songwriter, Jordan Reynolds, with songwriting credits for country artists like Dan + Shay, Keith Urban, and Carrie Underwood
- Q&A with country duo’s Muscadine Bloodline Production Manager, Tyler Lessard
- Q&A with Nashville audio engineer Mattew 'Buster' Allen, best known for his longtime association with Garth Brooks
Whether you’re streaming the latest country album or watching popular country music videos, A-T has the perfect headphones delivering a concert-like experience.
The ATH-M50xBT2 over-ear headphones deliver crisp audio featuring 45mm drivers in a wireless design. These headphones also feature updates like an updated USB-C connection, and multipoint pairing mode. With a battery life of up to 50 hours on a continuous full charge, and up to 3 hours of use on a 10-minute rapid charge via the USB-C connection, users can enjoy endless country streams, videos, and more.
The wireless ATH-M20xBT headphones are the perfect affordable headphone with studio-quality audio. Inspired by the #1 selling wired ATH-M20x headphones, the ATH-M20xBT features 40 mm drivers, full-range high-fidelity audio with enhanced bass. With an exceptional battery life of up to 60 hours of continuous use on a full charge, the M20xBT’s will keep your music there for you.