A-T Audio Solutions
Voice Lift for Campus-Wide Deployment
Challenge Wireless audio in an education environment needs to be robust for hourly use, easy to use by technical and non-technical faculty, and plenty flexible to find open frequencies in a crowded RF environment.
Solution The 3000 Series can meet the demands of a busy educational environment. Deployment across a campus is simplified by the 3000 Series’ wide tuning range and selectable transmit power. Our drop-in charging bays work with economical AA rechargeable batteries, and the bays automatically power off transmitters when they are inserted and turn them on when removed. So faculty can remove a transmitter and begin talking without having to look for a power or mute switch.
- Each classroom has two wireless channels (one handheld/one body-pack) connected to a DSP
- Drop-in charger powers off transmitters automatically – no need to access the power switch
- Transmitters can be powered by rechargeable or standard AA batteries
- Capable of high channel counts due to wide tuning range and selectable low-power settings
Challenge Finding a cost-effective, rack-mounted USB interface with professional balanced inputs and outputs with AEC and front-panel controls can be difficult. Identifying a cost-effective wireless solution that can be duplicated throughout a campus presents an equally challenging scenario.
Solution The Audio-Technica ATDM-0604 is a powerful half-rack USB 2.0 interface and audio mixer. Balanced, unbalanced, and USB I/O allow for easy signal routing and processing for sound reinforcement and AEC in a single piece of hardware. Our System 10 PRO digital wireless uses a frequency band that has built-in safeguards for interference and operates in a worldwide frequency band.
- Sound reinforcement and USB audio conferencing interface
- AEC & full suite of EQ built into ATDM-0604
- System 10 PRO requires no frequency coordination with up to 10 channels per room (in most cases)
- Simple configurable user interface for volume control and muting channels
Lecture Hall – Dante™ (Digital Solution)
Challenge Provide microphone coverage in a lecture hall with limited infrastructure to support audio and logic home runs to each microphone location.
Solution Audio-Technica ATND971a is a microphone with direct to Dante/AES67 capabilities. The microphone connects to – and is powered by – a standard IP data network utilizing PoE. The efficiencies found in computer networking can now be applied to microphone deployment. Network switches can be centrally located and linked to provide a network for the audio and logic of the ATND971a as well as the DSPs and PoE loudspeakers.
- Boundary microphones: one per two people
- Audio and logic through Dante (data network standard with PoE)
- Easy to expand
Lecture Hall – Analog Solution
Challenge Add microphone coverage over a large, tiered seating area with a ceiling microphone solution. Multiple levels and many reflected angles increase the complexity of this project.
Solution Utilize Audio-Technica’s UniLine microphone capsule technology to pick up the participants’ voices while reducing the reflected sound that decreases intelligibility. Because the UniLine capsule is suspended from a mounting system and cable, a participant’s voice can be heard from a properly positioned microphone element regardless of the distance from the talker to the ceiling.
- Suspended microphone with UniLine® capsule
- Narrow pickup pattern improves voice lift success with mix-minus
- Multiple people are covered with one microphone
- Low-cost ceiling-mounted solution
- Reduces the chance of vandalism
Discussion System Council Format
Challenge Each voice on a council or board is important and needs to be heard. This solution needs to be wireless and easy for anyone to use.
Solution Audio-Technica’s ATUC-IR system provides two-way, secure wireless audio to each participant regardless of the size of the group. Each participant has their own microphone and speaker. A headphone jack provides easy assistive listening for each participant. Wireless IR transmission provides for secure, interference-free wireless audio.
- Up to 10 open talk channels at a time
- Secure audio transmission
- Up to 14 hours of battery life on wireless desktop units
- Voice lift at each seat as well as output to integrated sound reinforcement system
- Headphone output on each desk unit
- Audio can be recorded to USB drive in .wav or .mp3 format
- System can be monitored and controlled on any device with web browser
Challenge Aesthetics in a boardroom create an environment that is conducive to making high-level decisions and directives. Therefore, in a group setting the desktop should be free of obstructions. The challenge is to capture all voices in the group with exceptional audio quality while remaining inconspicuous.
Solution The ES954 and ATDM-0604 provide for an all-in-one solution. Each coverage pattern can be set up to cover a particular participant with volume set at the needed audio level. The multiple audio buses in the ATDM-0604 make it easy to create a mix for the far-end, while another audio bus can be set up for reinforcement of the distant participants. A complete offering of AEC, EQ and dynamics makes for a great sounding solution regardless of the environment.
- ATDM-0604 with AEC and full suite of EQ for audio conferencing and sound reinforcement
- Multiple audio outputs with bus assignments
- Easy user interface with any device using a standard web browser
- ES954 can cover multiple areas using different coverage patterns
- Category cable runs from ES954 to ATDM-0604