two elements, one solution
The ATM250DE dual-element instrument microphone features cardioid condenser and hypercardioid dynamic capsules combined in a single housing. Audio-Technica’s innovative use of two polar patterns is ideal for kick drum: the hypercardioid dynamic element focuses tightly on the aggressive attack of the beater, while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell. The elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically impossible to achieve with two separate microphones. Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
- Audio-Technica’s proven dual-element design features two elements (condenser and dynamic) enclosed in a single housing
- Dynamic element with rare-earth magnet provides punch and attack, while the condenser element captures the full audio spectrum
- Elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically unachievable with two separate microphones
- Perfect for kick drum, guitar amps, percussion and other instruments
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad (condenser element)
- Versatile mounting options and effective dampening of mechanical noise thanks to AT8471 isolation clamp (included).
- Includes a 5 m (16.5') cable (5-pin XLRF-type to two standard 3-pin XLRM-type connectors) for separate control over each element
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Product guaranteed for 15 years
“dual element design”
Dual element design, a proven specialty of Audio-Technica brings together two elements in a microphone (condenser and dynamic). The dynamic element with rare-earth magnet provides power and attack, while the condenser saves the entire audible range.
“Perfect phase relationship”
The elements of the ATM250DE are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically impossible to achieve with two separate microphones.
“SWITCHABLE low-cut filter and attenuator”
The switch is on the condenser element. The high pass filter cuts bass frequencies that attenuate, to limit ringing, handling noise and other noise in frequencies below 80Hz.
dual element DESIGN
Dynamic and condenser elements positioned in a perfect phase relationship
designed for the road
Robust metal construction ensures long lasting performance and consistent reliability on tour
Versatile mounting options and effective dampening of mechanical noise thanks to included AT8471 isolation clamp
Supplied with a 5m cable to individually control each element on separate tracks
|Polair patroon||Cardioid (condenser)
|Frequentierespons||40 - 20,000 Hz (condenser)
40 - 15,000 Hz (dynamic)
|Lage frequentie roll-off||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave (condenser)|
|Gevoeligheid open circuit||-49 dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (condenser)
-53 dB (2.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (dynamic)
|Maximaal geluidingangsniveau||148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. (condenser)
158 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
|Dynamisch bereik||122 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (condenser)|
|Signaal-ruisverhouding||68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa (condenser)|
|Vereisten fantoomvoeding||11-52V DC, 3.5 mA typical (condenser)|
|Schakelaars||Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (condenser only)|
|Kabel||5.0 m (16.5') dual shielded, 8-conductor cable, 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone, two 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors|
|Afmetingen||143.6 mm (5.65") long, 55.0 mm (2.17") diameter|
|Uitgangsconnector||Integral 5-pin XLRM-type|
|Meegeleverde accessoires||AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 adapter; soft protective pouch|