unique CONFIGURATION OF A LARGE COINCIDENT DIAPHRAGM CAPSULE
Unlike most X/Y stereo microphones where the capsules form a 90° stereo image, the BP4025 has ingenious arrangement of its large capsules for stereo more "realistic" 120° image. The two capsules are mounted back-to-back on the same electronic circuit.
This is a unique configuration of coincident large diaphragm capsules for impeccable sound quality and exceptionally low noise level. The audio reproduction - thanks to the excellent channel separation - is natural and powerful to give the listener the impression of being there when the audio was recorded.
- Unique configuration of large-diaphragm capsules offer pristine sound quality and exceptionally low noise
- Natural and powerful sound reproduction
- Innovative coincident capsule configuration produces accurate stereo image in smaller housing
- Compact, lightweight design is ideal for camera-mount use, but can also be used in the studio
- Excellent channel separation
- Phantom power operation—for use with professional equipment
- Diaphragms are 24.3mm diameter and a thickness of 2 microns
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and 10 dB pad
- 80Hz Low cut filter with a slope of 12dB/octave
- Low self noise (14dB)
- Includes one balanced cable (5-pin XLRM at the microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end)
The BP4025 is equipped with large membrane coincident capsules. Mounted in parallel to the microphone head, the shared electronic circuit guarantees that the recordings of the two membranes are processed at exactly the same time from the same source, for the perfect stereo image.
Thanks to the excellent channel separation on the BP4025, the audio reproduction is natural and powerful to give the listener the impression of being there when the audio was recorded.
“Rugged fully metal Construction”
Robust all metal construction, ideal for use in professional broadcast environments.
Low self noise
The BP4025's large diaphragms allow it to have very low self noise of just 14 dB. They also accept strong sound pressure levels (up to 155 dB).
The BP4025 has two membranes of Ø24.3mm in polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), a thermoplastic material known for its thermal and directional stability.
The 80Hz low-cut filter significantly reduces handling noise and wind noise, during external use. If necessary, the BP4025 also has a high-quality windshield.
The BP4025 capsules are positioned in an X/Y, back to back configuration, with a perfect angle of 120°. This gives the construction an "ice cream cone" like appearance.
|Element||Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser|
|Polair patroon||X/Y Stereo|
|Frequentierespons||20 - 17,000 Hz|
|Lage frequentie roll-off||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|Gevoeligheid open circuit||-32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Kanaalbalans||< 2.5 dB|
|Maximaal geluidingangsniveau||145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)|
|Dynamisch bereik||131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signaal-ruisverhouding||80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Vereisten fantoomvoeding||11-52V DC, 7 mA typical (both channels total)|
|Schakelaars||Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)|
|Gewicht||269 g (9.5 oz)|
|Kabel||5.0 m (16.5') long, 8 conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end|
|Afmetingen||186.0 mm (7.32") long, 47.6 mm (1.87") head diameter 21.0 mm (0.83") body diameter|
|Uitgangsconnector||Integral 5-pin XLRM-type|
|Meegeleverde accessoires||AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; soft protective pouch|